About Your Professional Development
Professional development is required for continued licensure for all educators and administrators. To be of high quality, professional development is guided by the learning needs of all students, includes accepted theory on the learning needs of educators and incorporates a planned progression for improvement on a continuing basis. A professional development plan that fulfills the licensure renewal requirements is based on the needs of the educator, the students, the school, and the school district in which the educator is currently employed.
An educator/staff member wishing to renew a professional license must receive the approval of his or her Local Professional Development Committee for an Individual Professional Development Plan and complete the required amount of professional development during their renewal cycle:
- Six semester hours of coursework related to classroom teaching and/or the area of licensure; or
- 180 contact hours (or 18 CEUs) in workshops or equivalent activities related to their IPDP goals as approved by their Local Professional Development Committee.
- Coursework, workshops, or other equivalent activities may be combined.
LPDC Policies and Procedures
Click on the links below to obtain more information about each of these topics.
- Using LPDC Online
- LPDC ByLaws
- Equivalent Activities Options Chart
- F.A.Q.s: Frequently Asked Questions
- Verification of Completion Form
Meeting Dates for 2020 - 2021
|September 15, 2020||8:30 am||Central Office|
|October 13, 2020||8:30 am||Central Office|
|November 17, 2020||8:30 am||Central Office|
|December 15, 2020||8:30 am||Central Office|
|January 26, 2021||8:30 am||Central Office|
|February 23, 2021||8:30 am||Central Office|
|March 16, 2021||8:30 am||Central Office|
|April 20, 2021||8:30 am||Central Office|
|May 28, 2021||8:30 am||Central Office|
Materials should be submitted to: