About Your Professional Development
Professional development is required for continued licensure for all educators and administrators. To be of high quality, professional development is guided by the learning needs of all students, includes accepted theory on the learning needs of educators and incorporates a planned progression for improvement on a continuing basis. A professional development plan that fulfills the licensure renewal requirements is based on the needs of the educator, the students, the school, and the school district in which the educator is currently employed.
An educator/staff member wishing to renew a professional license must receive the approval of his or her Local Professional Development Committee for an Individual Professional Development Plan and complete the required amount of professional development during their renewal cycle:
- Six semester hours of coursework related to classroom teaching and/or the area of licensure; or
- 180 contact hours (or 18 CEUs) in workshops or equivalent activities related to their IPDP goals as approved by their Local Professional Development Committee.
- Coursework, workshops, or other equivalent activities may be combined.
LPDC Policies and Procedures
Click on the links below to obtain more information about each of these topics.
- Using LPDC Online
- LPDC Guidelines - Effective June 2012
- Equivalent Activities Options Chart
- Old Guidelines
Meeting Dates for 2019 - 2020
|October 21, 2019||4:00||CHS library|
|November 18, 2019||4:00pm||CHS library|
|December 16, 2019||4:00||CHS library|
|January 13, 2020||4:00||CHS library|
|February 10, 2020||4:00||CHS library|
|March 9, 2020||4:00||CHS library|
|April 20, 2020||4:00||CHS library|
|May 11, 2020||4:00||CHS library|
May 18, 2020
This is a tentative date.
Forms should be submitted online least two (2) days prior to the scheduled meeting date.
Documentation should be submitted to the LPDC Committee Mailbox at the Board of Education.